Realme these days has been refreshing its system lineup in fairly uncommon methods. As an alternative of striving for straight year-over-year upgrades to the identical basic mannequin traces, the principle purpose is to stay, as shut as potential, to a given worth level after which simply determine what options at the moment slot in stated MSRP. Alternative and selection past which are lined by continuously introducing new fashions and slotting them creatively into the prevailing lineup. It is a system that leaves behind a complicated sea of units and generally results in some “facet grades” as a substitute of clear-cut “upgrades”. Living proof – the Realme 8 Pro, we not too long ago reviewed, which notably gained a brand new 108MP digicam over its predecessor, but in addition misplaced a number of issues just like the stereo speaker, the water-repellent coating and slashed charging and selfie decision. You get the purpose.
The vanilla Realme Eight was created in a lot the identical approach – the producer began with the $210, or so MSRP of its predecessor and match no matter it might inside the finances. Fortunately, nonetheless, in contrast to the Realme Eight Professional or the Realme Eight 5G, which needed to make some compromises for his or her respective 108MP digicam and 5G headline options, the vanilla Realme Eight is, on paper, a straight improve.
Realme Eight specs at a look:
- Physique: 160.6×73.9×8.0mm, 177g; Glass entrance, plastic body, plastic again.
- Show: 6.40″ Tremendous AMOLED, 1000 nits (peak), 1080x2400px decision, 20:9 facet ratio, 411ppi; All the time-on show.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.Zero GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MC4.
- Reminiscence:64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.1; microSDXC (devoted slot).
- OS/Software program: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0.
- Rear digicam: Huge (most important): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Extremely extensive angle: Eight MP, f/2.3, 119, 16mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Entrance digicam: 16 MP, f/2.5, (extensive), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm.
- Video seize: Rear digicam: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS; Entrance digicam: [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Quick charging 30W, 50% in 26 min, 100% in 65 min (marketed).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (below show, optical); NFC; FM radio; 3.5mm jack.
Effectively, a opposite case might theoretically be made for the lack of the 90Hz refresh fee. Nonetheless, we’d personally take the brand new Tremendous AMOLED panel of the Realme Eight any day, with its good blacks and an marketed 1000 nits of peak brightness.
The brand new show is arguably the largest change over the worldwide model of the Realme 7. The brand new Realme Eight additionally borrows its 64MP Quad-Bayer most important digicam from the Asian version of the Realme 7, which constitutes one other improve over the 48MP unit on the worldwide mannequin. The fingerprint reader is now a trendier under-display one as a substitute of a standard side-mounted unit.
Apart from these and some smaller particulars right here and there, the Realme Eight efficiently retains most different features of the Realme 7, just like the Helio G95 chipset, 5000mAh battery and 30W charging – all one way or the other crammed into an all-round smaller and lighter physique than final 12 months. Colour us impressed. However, earlier than we proceed with the design tour, we must always begin with the retail bundle and its contents.
Vivid, yellow, eye-catching bins have largely been the usual for current Realme telephones. The Realme Eight isn’t any exception. Past the actual shade selection, there’s nothing particular in regards to the two-piece field. It’s good and durable and a plastic inside cradle for the cellphone itself. No complaints there.
The accent bundle is fairly wealthy. That’s to say, you get a clear tender TPU case, so you can begin utilizing the Realme Eight instantly. The charger you get is a 30W Dart unit. That comes alongside a Kind-A to Kind-C USB cable. This can be a particular cable, rated to face up to the total [email protected] output of the charger. It additionally has an extra information pin for communication and negotiation with the cellphone. It’s essential to maintain on to that or else, you’ll be restricted to [email protected] from the bundled charger with a daily cable. That is one draw back of utilizing proprietary charging tech.